Milestone: Eagle Scout Decorated of Saturday, August 12, 2023
As one of the oldest troops in the Rockford area, Troop 37 is proud of 90+ years or service to the community and leadership development of boys.
For the Boys
- This Troop is all about the boys. As a small to medium sized troop, every boy has a place and there are many opportunities for boys to be actively involved and hold leadership roles.
- Boys in the troop have lots of opportunities for outdoor adventure and camping.
- Boys who want to advance in rank are well supported by the Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmasters and the troop committee.
- Troop 37 has a significant number of scouts who attain the rank of Eagle.
- Troop 37 has a strong and active adult committee. The Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmasters and the boys have the support and resources needed for a very active program.
- A strong committee provides ways for parents to be involved in their boy’s troop and allows for people to move in and out of volunteer positions
Meetings: Monday Nights 7:00-8:30pm at Ken-Rock Community Center, Rockford.
Interested boys and their parents are welcome to visit any troop meeting. Please contact us at least one week in advance.
Steve Kirschbaum, Scoutmaster 815-520-3400
Mike Lager, Committee Chairman 815-540-5514
Troop 37 is always looking for new boys interested in the adventure of scouting.
Where Does Troop 37 Meet?
Regular Troop Meetings are help on Monday nights from 7:00-8:30 at Ken-Rock Community Center, 625 Adams Street, Rockford, IL 61107
Troop 37 welcomes new members in a variety of ways.
- Cub Scout “Bridging-up” to Boy Scouts
- New boys looking for fun, growth and adventure
- Boys new to an area looking to connect
- Transfers from other troop
The requirements for becoming a boy Scout are:
Be 11 years old
– or – Completed Fifth Grade
– or – Earned the Arrow of Light and is at least 10 years old, but not yet 18.
Want to Check us Out?
Contact Steve Kirschbaum, Scoutmaster, at 815-520-3400 and arrange a visit.