After School Program K-5th Grade Accepting Enrollment
Ken-Rock’s After-School Program, is an energetic, entertaining, educational and safe place for kids in kindergarten through 5th grade. Center staff helps students with their homework, including comprehensive reading lessons. The After-School Program will provide a nutritious meal and help children build character through arts and crafts and physical fitness programs. Most of all, kids have fun.
- If your child attends schools nearby, bus transportation to Ken-Rock is provided through the Rockford Public Schools transportation department. To make arrangements for transportation call 815-966-3706.
- Contact Savannah a call at (815) 398-8864 ext 102 to learn how to enroll your child today or register online today.
- The cost is $35.00 per week and YWCA/Y-Care benefits are accepted through the Child Care Assistance Program from the Department of Human Services.
- The Ken-Rock Community Center believes in participation for all children, no matter their financial shortcomings or inability to pay fees. This supports our mission of “People Enjoying Positive Opportunities in Recreation”. In 1999, Ken-Rock Community Center Board of Director’s established an annual fund specific for those in need of financial assistance to help offset and/or waive fees. The process to enroll into these scholarship funds is to apply for full or partial scholarship for a specific program.
- Determination of Family Income and number of dependents under the age of 18 years old.
- Second course of action will be to work with parent(s) on payment arrangements and what is determined affordable. This will be handled by the program director.
- In childcare services department (childcare, after school care or summer camp) we will assist the family to enroll in the Child Care Assistance Program from the Department of Human Services of Illinois
- Partial and full scholarships are awarded based on income.
- To apply, email John K. Guth, executive director for financial assistance at [email protected] or Fee Assistance Application
- Now serving the following schools with transportation from the Rockford Public Schools: Bloom, Carlson, Conklin, Constance Lane, Gregory, Jackson, Legacy, Rolling Green, Riverdahl, Johnson, Welsh and West View Schools.
|Enrollment for K-5th Grade Begins September 2|
|After School Program||Monday-Friday||Rate|
|After School Care||2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.||$35 per week|
institutes, holiday breaks or legal holidays.