Ken-Rock’s After-School Program, sponsored by the United Way of Rock River Valley is an energetic, entertaining, educational and safe place for kids in kindergarten through 5th grade. Center staff helps students with their homework, including comprehensive reading lessons. The After-School Program will provide a nutritious meal and help children build character through arts and crafts and physical fitness programs. Most of all, kids have fun.
- If your child attends Riverdahl, Froberg, Swan Hillman, RESA or Legacy Academy, bus transportation to Ken-Rock is provided through the Rockford Public Schools transportation department. To make arrangements for transportation call 815-966-3706.
- At least three days a week, your child will participate in our reading challenge initiative. Sponsored by the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. During the reading challenge, children will be tested, given opportunities to have one on one tutoring by a licensed reading teacher while participating in reading skill development. Our goal is for every child to be reading at their grade level once the program ends in May.
- Contact Savannah a call at (815) 398-8864 to learn how to enroll your child today or register online today.
- The cost is $35.00 per week and Y-Care benefits are accepted.
- The goal of the Ken-Rock After-School Program is to strengthen and reinforce the education that the students are receiving from the Rockford School District.
Foundation for Success!
Sponsored by the Community Foundation of Northern IL, this after-school program is geared specifically for 6th-8th grade students and is designed to give them the underlying habits and skills necessary to thrive and not just survive high school, college and the working world. The program will concentrate on the behaviors that lead to success such as developing proper study habits, conflict resolution strategies for fellow students, teachers and administrators as well as life skills including how and where to look for a job, how to complete a job application or resume and how to track and build a savings. The cost is $35.00 per week and Y-Care benefits are accepted.
|After School Program|
|After School Care||2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.||$35 per week|
institutes, holiday breaks or legal holidays.